I hope fans were able to catch their breath during that relatively quiet episode last week because the intensity goes back up to 11 this week with episode Fear the Walking Dead season 6 episode 11, “The Holding”.
Fear The Walking Dead season 6 has been hinting at the arrival of a mysterious group led by the eerie John Glover all season. Virginia had several run ins with this group, and now that she’s gone the remaining survivors will have to try to figure out what this group is and if they are a threat.
Spoiler alert: they’re a threat. A big one.
Alicia, Al, Luciana, and Wes go on a mission to see what they can find out about this group and things go awry pretty quickly. The survivors are definitely not prepared for the immense threat from this group.
The official synopsis for Fear The Walking Dead season 6 episode 11, “The Holding,” says:
“An infiltration turns rescue mission as members of the group dig deeper into an underground community.”
When Dakota overheard Virginia say that the mystery group had underground she was being literal. And based on this sneak peek it seems like they have built a pretty impressive community underground:
Something definitely feels off in this place.
The entire episode has an “Alice in Wonderland” feel to it because the survivors, and the viewers, are definitely down the rabbit hole now. I was off-balance throughout the entire episode and definitely terrified in some scenes. When they said that season 6B was going dark they weren’t exaggerating at all.
Fear The Walking Dead season 6 episode 11 reactions
So here we go – here are my initial reactions watching Fear The Walking Dead 611 “The Holding”:
1. We haven’t seen anything like this before
2. Is that really good idea?
3. I have so many questions about this…
4. That wasn’t a random mention…
5. I love this squad!
6. WOW. Didn’t see that coming.
7. There’s nothing more terrifying than zealots.
8. This is some genius level storytelling…
9. Omg. Omg. Omg.
10. This is BONKERS.
12. Don’t tell him anything!
13. This is going to end badly…
14. Alicia doesn’t believe him.
15. Can you hear my skin crawling?
16. No. no. no. no. no. no.
17. Yo, that’s deep…
18. DON’T YOU TOUCH ALICIA!
19. W.T.F. W.T.F. W.T.F.
20. This is absolutely NUTS in the best possible way.
21. The imagery in this episode is dark as hell and absolutely stunning.
22. What did you do?
23. Sit your sociopathic ass down!
24. What are you waiting for? GO! GO NOW!
25. I love this friendship so much. Please more of this!
26. No no no no no no no no no oh no no no no
27. NO! Please God NO!
28. You definitely don’t know Alicia if you think she’s going to “cooperate” my dude….
29. HEDA DID NOT COME TO PLAY!
30. This is the scariest the show has ever been. CREEPY AS HELL.
31. TWICE! NOT RANDOM!
32. Breathe. Breathe. Breathe. Remember to breathe.
33. Not all of our survivors are going to survive this storyline.
34. I’m not sure I will survive this storyline.
35. Fear The Walking Dead season 6 is the glow up of the century.
Basically: Get ready TWD Family, because this storyline is going to be darker and more intense than anything we have seen in Fear The Walking Dead before.
With some serious horror movie vibes and an arc that’s as much a psychological thriller as it is an action/survival story, the remaining episodes of Fear the Walking Dead season 6 are going to set a new bar for apocalyptic drama.
Don’t miss Fear The Walking Dead this Sunday night on AMC. Live tweet with me @SonyaIryna and tag me in your reactions!