Fear The Walking Dead season 6’s hiatus started a little early due to the pandemic so season 6, episode 8, which would normally be the midseason finale, is now the midseason premiere. Fear The Walking Dead season 6, episode 8, “The Door,” starts off showing everyone’s favorite sharpshooter in a very dark place emotionally.
The official synopsis for the episode describes the episode as, “A reunion with an old friend helps pull John Dorie out of his darkest moment yet. Back at Lawton, Virginia demands answers.”
The first half of Fear The Walking Dead season 6 showed that each of the survivors was having their own struggle trying to find a place in Virginia’s hierarchy. But John Dorie at first embraced Virginia’s community and was happy in his role as Ranger, even though he missed June. The fact that he left June when she returned to Lawton and he had a chance to escape shows that John Dorie is really struggling with the murder of Cameron and everything that happened as a result.
There’s clearly a major conflict coming between the survivors who have managed to escape from Virginia and Virginia’s forces who are currently being led by Strand. Will John Dorie be able to recover from the depression he’s struggling with? And will he be joining Morgan and the others at the hidden community getting ready to face off with Virginia?
Let’s find out. These are 40 non-spoilery reactions I had watching Fear The Walking Dead season 6 episode 8, “The Door.”
Fear The Walking Dead season 6 episode 8 reactions
1. I don’t like the feel of this situation but damn cinematically this is ART.
2. Oh no. No, no, no. No.
4. My heart hurts.
5. Wow haven’t seen this place in a long time.
6. Damn kids! Amirite John?
7. Reunited and it feels so good….
9. That was deliciously intense.
10. These two are the spinoff I want to see.
11. Why do you ask so many questions?
12. A next world where all life is precious is a nice dream.
13. MY HEART. Stop.
14. That escalated quickly.
15. I don’t like you. At all.
17. “It’s not too late” feels a lot like “we’re not too far gone.”
18. Again with the 100 questions. Shutup.
19. This is not ok.
20. Now THIS is the content I’m here for.
21. This is my nervous laughing face.
22. That’s the most horrifying thing I’ve ever seen. And I’ve watched 10 seasons of TWD.
23. Nerves of steel.
24. I’ve got a bad feeling about this…
25. Ugly mustard indeed.
26. Wow. All the feels.
28. Why are you such a sociopath?!
29. I KNEW IT. I knew it. I knew.
30. YOU MONSTER!
31. I cannot believe that just happened. That’s a trick, right? It’s not real?
32. I’m speechless.
33. Beautiful. Horrifying, but beautiful.
34. FIGHT! Fight for it! It’s NOT TOO LATE!
36. Whoa. WHOA.
37. Game changer.
38. Why are you the way that you are?
39. Excuse me while I cry forever.
40. Man this is going to BREAK Twitter…
So there you go. If you haven’t watched Fear The Walking Dead season 6, episode 8, “The Door,” yet on AMC+ join me and the rest of the TWD Family on Twitter Sunday night to share your reactions and get a little group therapy. You’re going to need it. Bring tissues.