A lot of Harry Potter characters get a lot of love, but one character who does not get enough is Madam Pomfrey. Especially considering everything she has put up with.
There is one Harry Potter character that just doesn’t get enough love in my opinion, Madam Pomfrey. Just imagine what she had to put with as the Matron of Hogwarts. J.K. Rowling gave us an insight to her duties in the novels, but I bet you anything that was only a mere scratch on the surface of what she had to deal with, which was no doubt filled with chaos, cover-ups, and teenage mishaps.
Let’s look back at what is common knowledge amongst the fandom:
- We know that she had to put up with Harry and his ridiculous amount of injuries that occurred every year.
- We know she took care of all the petrified students in Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets.
- She would quite literally shout at and kick out anybody who disobeyed her orders and disturbed her patients. And that included both Dumbledore and Fudge.
- And she never asked any questions when Hermione showed up as a cat. Or how Ron had a green bite on his arm from a “dog.”
Then there are all the things that were just slightly mentioned in the books, but were, in fact, a really big deal:
- How she refused to leave and bow down to the reign of Umbridge in order to help her students.
- The fact she looked after Cedric’s body when Harry brought him back.
- During the Battle of Hogwarts, she not only fought but tended to those who were injured; and who do you think tended to those who lost their lives?
And this was all during Harry’s time. When Lupin was a student it was Madam Pomfrey keeping the secrets and escorting him off the grounds safely. Then there are all the things that a bunch of teenagers with magic would have got up to, but Madam Pomfrey no doubt kept to herself.
Watch your favorite shows on fuboTV: Watch over 67 live sports and entertainment channels with a 7-day FREE trial!
Madam Pomfrey deserves as much love and praise that can be possibly given. Considering everything she did for everyone, she more than deserves it.
What do you think? Does Madam Pomfrey deserve all the love that she can be given? Drop a comment below with your thoughts.