In order to play Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery you need energy, ideally free energy.
Energy is the biggest bugbear for everyone playing Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. You need it, and if you don’t have it, you are not going anywhere. So how do you get it, and ideally, can we get it free?
It took a lot of people by surprise when the game was first released, the need of energy to complete tasks and progress in the game. Many had never come across a game with this sort of gameplay and while it is in other mobile games, the need for energy in order to complete tasks, Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery is more difficult to get energy.Photo Credit: Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery/Jam City Image Acquired from ONE PR Studio.
You can get more energy whenever you need it by simply opening up your wallet. And that is not something that only Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery does. Many other games do this. You can either pay to get ahead faster, dubbed as a pay to win player, or don’t open up your wallet and you will progress, just not as fast, a free to play player.
No one likes to wait around though, no one likes to fork out cash when they don’t have to either, so is there a way to get energy without having to open up your wallet?Photo Credit: Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery/Jam City Image Acquired from ONE PR Studio.
How to get free energy in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery
The standard way is to just wait. When you run out of energy put down your device and come back later once your energy has refilled to the levels you need. Not the ideal solution for everyone, especially when you are trapped in some Devil’s Snare.
Watch your favorite shows on fuboTV: Watch over 67 live sports and entertainment channels with a 7-day FREE trial!
If you don’t fancy waiting there are some in-game options as well. It involves you wandering around the castle, so no good if you are trapped in some Devil’s Snare, and looking for certain locations. Called energy giving objects located around Hogwarts.
All you need to do is find one, tap it, and you will get some free energy. Once you have claimed your free energy you will need to wait until you can go back to that object again, I think it’s six hours, but it’s certainly better than nothing, and it’s free.
Free energy locations
- East Towers – On the wall at the start of East Towers is a blank frame on the wall. Press the frame and a lady in a wedding gown appears. This rewards you with energy.
- West Towers – Next to the Prefects Bathroom is a painting of some flowers. Press that for free energy.
- Lower Floor West – In Lower Floor West next to the entrance to the Great Hall are 3 sets of armor. Press the middle one for energy
- Lower Floor West – Directly next to the Great Hall entrance is a standing torch. Press the torch to light it and get some energy
- Lower Floor East – There are some books by one of the benches.
- Dungeon – You will find Dobby sneaking around in the Dungeon.
- Castle Grounds – Head to the Castle Grounds and scroll to the right. You will see a large stick on the floor. Pressing the stick rewards energy and a dog runs away with it.
That’s all the options you have right now for getting free energy in Harry Potter: Hogwarts Mystery. If any new locations pop up, or any new methods come to light, I’ll be sure to update this post and let you all know.
If you already know any other locations with energy giving objects then drop a comment below.
Don’t forget to follow Wizards and Whatnot on Twitter to stay up to date with the latest Wizarding World news and opinions.