Riverdale spoilers: Jason’s murderer revealed, sexy time for one of the couples, and we see Jughead find his niche in the Archie universe.
We’re officially in countdown mode for Archie & Co. That means lots and lots of speculation and Riverdale spoilers.
Thanks to the folks over at Entertainment Weekly, we’r getting some major hints the last few episodes of Riverdale. EW suggests “the entire town is reeling,” citing EP Roberto Aguirre-Sacasa about the the finale, and it will “come full circle back to Sweetwater River.”
I’ve been saying for weeks that I think we’re going to get some supernatural stuff in the transition between seasons, and I think this is a nod to the rumors about the show introducing Jughead as a zombie.
As Archie fans know, Sabrina (the teenage witch) lives just across the river, and it’s her magic that unleashes a zombie epidemic on the town of Riverdale in . EW predicts we’ll finally meet Jughead’s dog Hot Dog, which as we know, is patient zero for the undead virus. Oh, and we also see Jughead finally eat a hamburger!
A few more spoiler-y bits, according to Entertainment Weekly:
- We’ll know who murdered Jason Blossom by the second to last episode
- The focus will narrow to the main four – Betty, Veronica, Archie, and Jughead
- One couple will have sex
- While another will (probably) break up
- If I had to assign some educated guessing to these vague hints, I’d predict Veronica and Archie are headed for sexy time, and Jughead and Betty will hit the skids.
- There’s going to be a HUGE twist in the finale that will set up the entire premise for season two
- We might see a major character die – but probably not. EW quotes Aguirre-Sacasa saying, “One of our main character’s life hangs in the balance.”
- And last and certainly least, it looks like Archie might perform with Josie and the Pussycats. We’ll file that particular spoiler away in the “nobody really cares” file.
Riverdale returns this Thursday, April 25 on The CW.