Wynonna Earp fans rejoice! The trailer for season 2 is finally here and one thing we already know is that things are staying wayhaught. As if we were worried…
There are few times in my life that I stop my Mumford & Sons’ “Sigh No More” vinyl when it’s playing on my record player. This trailer was one of those times.
So circle up, kids, because this article’s about to get a little haughter than usual. And how could it not when I’m about to break down the most incredible thing to come across my screen since Wynonna Earp’s season 1 finale back in June. You know, that episode where Waverly touched the goo? Or when Nicole Haught got shot but was wearing a bulletproof vest? Well, how about when Waverly found out that she’s not an Earp? Or when Wynonna shot Willa? When she ice-luged out of a near death situation with a giant tentacle? Or did you already forget about all of that?
But in all seriousness … Between some of the Wynonna Earp cast being at WonderCon and Netflix releasing the entire first season to stream, I didn’t think yesterday could possibly get any better. I really didn’t. I mean, if Waverly Earp showed up at my door in a cheerleading uniform with a hip flick to go with it, then SURE. But yesterday started out pretty damn perfectly.
Then 2:30 p.m. ET happened.
And my level of happiness skyrocketed to levels I didn’t even know possible. I’d like to personally thank every single person involved in this trailer, but I’d specifically like to thank my neighbors and my roommates for listening to me scream about it for the past 24 hours. OKAY. I think I just wrote all of that in one breath so let me actually break down the trailer for all y’all. And when I say break it down, I really just mean yelling in all caps about Waverly in a cheerleading uniform. Because I’m sure you missed that part.
But first, check out the trailer below:
Before I break this down, let me explain what the hell I’m talking about if you’re part of the select few who’ve never seen this show (forewarning: I’m judging you but only a little bit).
Wynonna Earp is a comic turned supernatural western TV show that people are falling head over heels for. It follows the story of Wyatt Earp’s great-great-granddaughters, Wynonna (Melanie Scrofano) and Waverly Earp (Dominique Provost-Chalkley), and the curse he left them with. To help these two ladies along the way is Officer Nicole Haught (Kat Barrell), Deputy Marshall Xavier Dolls (Shamier Anderson) and Doc Holliday himself (Tim Rozon). Beau Smith (comic creator) and Emily Andras (showrunner) are the King and Queen of this fandom and if you mess with them, you mess with all of us.
OKAY. Now let’s talk trailer!
- Melanie Scrofano’s facial expressions will legitimately never get old. She is the rare diamond that the entire network of Syfy needed.
- What are Waverly and Doc running from and will we see Doc’s pink Cadillac again?
- Is that Wynonna punching Dolls at 0:12!?! I need answers.
- The Earp sisters are my new Suicide Squad. Exhibit A:
- But in all seriousness, why are they wet?
- “Wynonna’s not a flowers and chocolate kinda girl.”
- Who is this chick Wynonna is throwing on the bed and why is she complimenting her underwear? Will we see more of her? Is there fanfic?
- I think evil Waverly is my new kink? I don’t know.
- But like, so is Lizard Dolls.
- Is Dolls kissing Wynonna at 0:44???? But also someone else? WHO DAT?
- Sexy Nicole is my favorite Nicole.
- Why is Waverly wearing glasses? Is she trying to give me a heart attack? Honestly. I want to scream. Or cuddle up next to her. I don’t know.
- Wynonna and her donuts — forever my favorite OTP.
- 0:58. That’s all.
- Who is this man at 1:13 doing sit ups? I bet he has 29 abs and can I have his phone number?
- So much throwing people around and screaming and kissing and showering and whiskey and donuts and did I mention Waverly in a cheerleading uniform.
- LET’S GO BREAK A CURSE.
- Oh wait, I think I forgot something …
- I bet all of you did too. Because who wants to see Waverly and Nicole kissing?
- Okay fine. One more of these:
If I didn’t know any better, I’d say that Emily Andras was trying to kill us. But like, are we mad about it? Gotta go rewatch this a few more times now …
Wynonna Earp comes back to Syfy on Friday, June 9 at 10 p.m. ET to break another curse and BOY, I’ve been waiting a hell of a long time to write that. Let the countdown begin!