You put on the makeup and want it to stay in place for more than 30 minutes. So what do you reach for? For us, it’s setting sprays that work!
After trying so many different makeup brands and in turn their take on setting sprays, I have finally been able to narrow it down to my five favorites. And not only are these my favorites, but they work better than even I could have expected.
I’ll admit right now that one of the Setting Sprays I loved the most came from Besame Cosmetics, and part of that has to do with how much I appreciated the way it smelled. Since this spray is going onto our faces, it is important that whatever you use smells good! And this Setting Spray does.
So what are our top five Setting Sprays to keep our makeup in place as we ring in a New Year and beyond?
5 of the best Setting Sprays to keep your makeup in place
- Urban Decay All Nighter Setting Spray – With a nearly perfect five-star rating from customers, it just made sense to give the Urban Decay Setting Spray a try. And as someone who loves their eyeshadow palettes, I already had an idea about the quality I could expect. I was not disappointed. This was one of the best Setting Sprays I have ever used in terms of makeup staying for hours without needing a touch-up.
- Besame Cosmetics Refresh & Set Jasmine Mist – I have truly grown to love Besame Cosmetics over the last few years. They are old-school Hollywood glam in a more modern makeup collection. And their take on a Setting Spray was truly amazing. Not only did my makeup stay in place, but just spraying this on was a treat because of how lovely it smells. It also adds a bit of a glow without irritating your skin, and that is always a win in my beauty book.
- e.l.f. Cosmetics Illuminating Mist & Set – This is a Setting Spray that works for any budget. At just $5, this Setting Spray works well. Is it the best of the bunch? Maybe not quite on the same level as Urban Decay, but it did what I needed it to do, and it did it for a steal.
- NYX PROFESSIONAL MAKEUP Makeup Setting Spray in a Matte Finish – Don’t want to glow? Still, working on a budget? Then the NYX Setting Spray is the answer. This is not only another affordable option, coming in under $10, but it is also highly popular with shoppers too! I like this product to keep my makeup in place while also giving my look a truly matte finish.
- Charlotte Tilbury Airbrush Flawless Setting Spray – Another luxury brand, Charlotte Tilbury tends to be hit or miss for me. But when it comes to their Setting Spray, it is a hit for me. My makeup stayed in place for hours on end and in photos, it was clear that makeup still looked good too. It doesn’t feel heavy on the skin and it did not dry out my skin, which was a bonus point in the sprays favor!
No matter what your makeup look is, you want it to stay! And that is where Setting Sprays come into the picture. Hopefully, with these five Setting Spray options, you will have makeup that lasts as long as you do!